Compiler of MonoBehaviours

This game needs the player to write code that will compile and then affect the game. In order to accomplish this, I need to compile code in the game. I had already tested the ability to compile C# at run time in Unity, but today I went a step farther.  I had it produce a MonoBehaviour, and attach it to a game object. 

The test passed.  :) 

On an odd note, I did test to try pulling in the text from a TextMeshProGui object, but it would not run.  I think there may be an invisible formatting character getting pulled in when I try to get text. It would complain about compiling that it had a '?' in it, but it did not, (I carefully checked, and logged it).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C# Parser and Code View

A Momentary Lapse of Passion

How to Setup a Multi-Scene Unity Project for Startup