Engine Parts

For this update, I'm introducing the art for engine parts. 


I was looking at this pack that I had intended to use as building art, and realized many of these things look like engine parts. Since its a constructor pack (and a nice one, see it here: Building Constructor) it means each of these buildings are generated from smaller pieces.  Minimal modifications of one of the buildings ...


... allowed me to generate a rather nice looking engine.


Then I saved it as a prefab, and added it to my ship layout scene in replacement of the other engine. I took a snap shot of it, and mocked it with a concept for selection details.


I don't fully know if this is how things will display, as it lead me to the line of thought, that since code directly relates to physical devices in the game, that Intellisense should probably have a visible element to it.  In this case we see the reverse, that a visual element is expressing its code variables, like what it's thruster id should be.

To be honest, I've been proving out almost everything else, hoping that the programming visuals would start to come into play afterwards. While this may have been a foolish way to get far into it before covering probably the most important thing, it seems to have proven fruitful, as features of the coding view are starting to get carved out of necessity. I plan to deal with the coding login proofs as one of the next features.  (Please note, I'll be showcasing the physics based rocket propulsion system in the next few articles, as I already have a considerable proof surrounding it.)

Comments

  1. Side comment: if you decide to get the asset pack because of this post, please also note, the scripts that came with it were did not run in 2018.4, or with the assets I already have. It should be noted, that the code included (only 4 scripts) had no namespace, so compile collisions may have been purely multiple assets with global classes. As I only got this for the art, I held no concern to removing them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

C# Parser and Code View

A Momentary Lapse of Passion

How to Setup a Multi-Scene Unity Project for Startup