Space Art



So I know I'm going with Low-Poly for things in space, and I've been trying to come up with an interesting background concept.  I.e. the space background is going to be a common theme, and should be fairly straight forward on the coding side. But how it is coded depends heavily on the style. As I've been doing some graphical research, I found a low poly look that seems great.  Such as this:

blog-cover-low-poly-space-klco-vectary.jpg

But not this:

Image result for low poly space


A couple things that stand out
  • The top image has no star background, just space debris.
  • Of course the top image also has a nice atmosphere, possibly via a mix of bloom, depth of field and ambient occlusion
  • There is also a shadow effect.

To duplicate this and get good performance, I'll probably look to bake the lighting and effects in as much as possible, which also means setting as much of it to static as I can.  Fortunately, the low poly models will help considerably. Also, I'm not planning on using any reflective materials. This is for PC, but I do want it to run on as many as reasonable and still look good.  

I also realized that I didn't have any good low poly asteroids, so I acquired a pack of them from the asset store: Polygon SciFi Space Pack.


So now I'm on to creating a duplicated feel to the first image above, with the assets and effects I have available now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C# Parser and Code View

A Momentary Lapse of Passion

How to Setup a Multi-Scene Unity Project for Startup